Delaware North at Ridgeline Hotel
(Premium Spring Job 2023)
Employer Name: Delaware North at Ridgeline Hotel
City: Estes Park
Position: Resort Worker (Students must be prepared to work as: Housekeeper, Dishwasher, Cook, Food Service Associate/Cashier/Banquet Server)
Position Available: 1-2 Positions (Full)
Hourly wage: $17.00/Hour
Overtime details: Not guaranteed and available only with supervisor approval
Average of Hours: 32 hours average for the whole program (not guaranteed) per week (After orientation, training & achievement of satisfactory performance). Some students work a lot of hours during the busy weeks, which depends on the student’s performance and work ethic
Job Description :
- The employee will need to be flexible working at HSKP and/or Kitchen Department. Able to communicate in English, being a team player.
- Housekeeper: Thoroughly cleans areas, rooms, and restrooms according to department procedures. Empties wastebaskets and transports trash and waste to disposal area. Replenishes supplies per housekeeping procedures. Conducts walk-arounds of assigned areas to ensure the facility meets housekeeping standards. Interacts on occasion with guests while cleaning guest and meeting rooms. Assists guest as needed. Reports maintenance repair problems to Supervisor. Ensures all lost and found items are turned in and logged daily. Ensures sanitation guidelines are maintained. Ensures all linen rooms and work areas are neat, clean and organized. Limited to no experience required; previous commercial cleaning and/or guest service experience preferred. Working knowledge of various cleaning utensils, dryers, vacuum cleaners, tools and fixtures. Ability to work quickly under pressure. Ability to follow direction and instructions. Ability to make simple addition and subtraction calculations. Frequent walking and standing for entire length of shift. Frequent bending, climbing of stairs stooping, reaching, kneeling, and carrying. Use of hands to operate cleaning equipment and complete scrubbing/washing duties. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Visual acuity sufficient to inspect cleanliness of rooms and surfaces. Working conditions include being regularly exposed to fumes and cleaning chemicals, occasionally works in outside weather conditions, occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and noise level may be moderate to loud
- Cook/Dishwasher: Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations. Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures. Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc. Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly. Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all products to proper specifications. Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines. Keeps workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked. Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations. Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet. Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures. Performs other duties assigned. At least 6 months previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position required. Participation in a culinary program is preferred. Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes. Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids. Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment. Standing and walking for entire length of shift. Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting. Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms. Kitchen environment – noise levels may be moderate-to-high. Works frequently in a hot and damp environment. Washes dishes, glassware, pots, pans, flatware and kitchen items, using
dishwashers or by hand. Places clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas. Cleans work area including equipment, floors, walls and cooking area. Ensures that all levels for sanitizer on dish machine and pot sinks are at specific requirement for health standards
- Keeps all kitchen wares storage areas clean and orderly. Removes trash from dishroom and transports to dumpster. Cleans and sanitizes garbage cans Performs other duties as assigned. Ability to understand and follow direction. Ability to work cooperatively with others. Ability to stand and walk for entire length of shift. Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 60 pounds and place items on high and low shelves in storerooms and freezers. Frequent reaching, twisting at the waist, bending, and squatting. Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms. Will be in contact with chemical cleaning agents. Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping. Frequently immerses hands in water. Works frequently in a hot and damp environment
- Banquet Server: Serve food, help guests, clean restaurant areas. Guest Facing: Greeting, taking orders, serving food & drinks. Clearing and cleaning tables, stocking and cleaning work areas.
- Cell phone usage while working is not allowed!
English Required skills: Intermediate – Fluent (A, B+, B, C+, C only)
Start Date: March 15 th – April 1st, 2023
End Date: June 15th – June 30th, 2023
Meal Discount: Available meal discount at hotel restaurant
Housing assisted by: Employer
Type of housing: Dormitory
Cost Amount: $65+ tax per person per week
Housing Features: Non-Smoking facility! Smoking is not allowed in the most of Rocky Mountain National Park area
Why Choose us?
The Ridgeline Hotel Estes Park® is centrally located so guests can go exploring as soon as they leave the hotel. Steps away from Downtown Estes Park and near the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, The Ridgeline gives our guests access to infinite adventures. Start here and go anywhere. If you’ve never been to Estes Park before, you’re in for a treat! Lush, green, and at an elevation of 7,522 feet, here you will find the perfect mix of beautiful scenery and small town charm. Shoppers of all ages will delight in exploring our downtown district, with dozens of charming boutique shops and restaurants along the rushing Big Thompson River
ข้อมูลข้างต้นอาจมีการเปลี่ยนแปลงขึ้นอยู่กับ US Sponsor และนายจ้างที่เข้าร่วมโครงการจากประเทศอเมริกาซึ่งทาง iHappy ไม่สามารถควบคุมได้และไม่มีส่วนได้เสียกับการเปลี่ยนแปลงใดๆ